Tuesday, December 18, 2007

It's the Holiday Season ...thanks

It's been just over a week since my last posting. Settlement volume is still down, and I am spending most of my time clearing up files that have closed a year or so before I even started at my current company. It is amazing what prior abstractors, and title company employees had missed on files that have closed, and have since gone onto foreclosure. Oh well, people are only human, I guess.

I have many thoughts about the industry, but today I will just be giving thanks today: I do have a job where I don't have to patrol the streets of Baghdad with an M-16, praying that I don't get shot at or get blown up by a IED...and I am thankful for not having to spend Christmas under a tent in the mountains of Afghanistan. I am thankful for those that are fighting "over there," so that I can continue blogging over here. Thank you to those who have served and those who continue to serve. In many ways, you are a stronger person than I am...thanks, Happy Holidays and God Bless

No comments: